1263 sq. ft.
1919 Craftsman Charm Meets Modern Living! On a Sunny Lot in Albany Near Solano Avenue!
Open Sunday April 24th, 2-4.30pm
This extraordinary three bedroom Albany Craftsman shows an abundance of natural light and architectural detail. On a sunny lot with fruit trees and vegetables, the location is hard to beat! Solano Avenue shops and restaurants are in close proximity, top-rated Albany schools, Tilden Park and downtown Berkeley are equally easy to reach. Built in 1919 the home's character is distinct. It combines Old World charm with modern living convenience. The large front porch framed with mature rhododendron and princess trees provides a warm welcome. Beautiful leaded-glass windows in the living and dining room bring in plenty of sunlight. The tall ceilings are elegantly recessed. Oak floors show mahogany inlays. The dining room sports bay windows and a wonderful built-in with original hardware. The kitchen has been updated with a new range stove/oven and a new dishwasher, matching the existing stainless steel refrigerator. The bathroom has just had a down-to-the-studs remodel combining the classic nostalgia of the period with a clean and modern touch using marble hexagon tile for floors and subway tiles over a new Kohler tub. High end choices fit in perfectly: the Kohler pedestal sink, Toto water-conserving toilet, and stylish Grohe fixtures. The three bedrooms are all nicely proportioned and with plenty of daylight. New light fixtures are in nearly every room. The backyard offers beautiful patios which invite you to relax among the trees and flowers. Soon the new owner will be able to harvest lemons, figs and apples. Kale, tomatoes, and basil are growing in the vegetable bed!
- Albany Craftsman built in 1919
- Elegant period details include leaded-glass windows, recessed ceilings, built-ins
- Abundant natural light
- Large front porch
- Three bedrooms - one has sliding door to the sunny backyard
- Newly remodeled bathroom
- Updated kitchen w/stainless steel appliances and charming tile floor, poured concrete counter w/breakfast bar, Tuscany style
- New light fixtures in almost every room
- Detached garage in the back
- Sunny backyard w/patios, fruit trees, vegetable beds
- Irrigation system for flowers & trees
- Quiet street w/friendly neighbors
- 86 Walk score
- 81 bike score